Something for vegetarians.
This is a light dish using summer vegetables.
Ingredients ( Serve 4 )
2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
1 chopped onions
1-2 tablespoon of olive oil
400g plum/cherry tomatoes
400g new potatoes cut into chunks
700g broad beans (about 200g podded weight)
250g peas in pod (about 125g podded weight)
100-150ml vegetable stock (hot)
100g roasted peppers (sliced in a jar with oil)
125g mozzarella cheese
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan
2. Add onions and fry until colour darkens (browned)
3. Add garlic and fry until tinged golden.
4. Add the tomatoes and heat for a few mins until it thickened and saucy
5. Leave to simmer
6. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender
7. Steam broad beans and peas for 3-4 minutes
8. Add veg mixture to tomato sauce
9. Add enough stock to give the consistency you like
10. Add the roasted peppers on top and simmer for a couple of mins to wam though
Tear mozzarella into chunks and scatter over stew with basil and serve with a drizzle of pesto and chunks of warm bread. Delicious!